Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy birthday to Wendy


We spent Friday doing things to help Wendy celebrate her birthday. We went to Salt Lake, where she had lunch with her girl friends, had dessert with all of her sons (also John’s girl friend, Mia), did an endowment session at the Jordan River Temple, and dropped in to see Hilary and her family. On Sunday, she had a nice birthday visit from Emilie and Scott and kids, and dinner at Matthew and Kimberly’s to help celebrate. There were also many calls and birthday cards. The picture shows Wendy with a pumpkin flower arrangement, created by Megan. Very nice.

On a very personal note, the thought came to us that Wendy is now older than JoAnn was, when she passed away. I feel grateful for every moment I had with JoAnn, and am also very grateful for the four and a half years of marriage to Wendy, who is a wonderful companion.

1 comment:

Valerie Chandler said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy. Shame on me for missing it. Especially when you are so very thoughtful to all of us. I am so very thankful for you.