Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Paul and Daniel missionary talks

I enjoyed and was impressed by the sacrament meeting talks Paul and Daniel gave Sunday. The styles were different, but both showed a lot of depth, commitment, and preparation.

Paul’s talk on the Holy Ghost was quite scholarly. He provided a comprehensive review of scriptural instruction and insights about the Spirit. He also demonstrated a quiet and humble sincerity that I think will be persuasive to investigators as he serves his mission.

Daniel was more animated. He talked about several of the principles and commandments of God that we should be living and boldly challenged us to keep these commandments. He challenged us that each week we should pick out one specific principle that we need to improve on and work on it during the week. I think this boldness will serve him well on his mission.

(Thanks to Matthew for the picture. Mine were not very good.)

No comments: