Friday, October 8, 2010

Conference and our kids

Alison gave me some interesting feedback in a phone conversation this week. Thinking about our family general conference evening gathering, I tried to compliment her and Quin on how many of their children had come having made notes on each of the conference talks.

She said, “It’s the family meeting that does it. They know that they will have to appear before the family and their cousins and report something on conference.”

I said, “I always thought this was a result of good parenting.”

She said, “No, good grandparenting.”

Whether true or not, this conversation does give me more incentive to persevere with this part of the family calendar. And how might we assist the boys of Bentonville and Boston to have this same blessing with general conferences?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just want to thank you , Grandpa, for all your support throughout the years. Your example (and now Wendy's as well) and love of the gospel is definitely being caught and carried by the next generations.