Friday, October 3, 2014

11 year old scouts

Here are 3 of my favorite young men, Matt L, Gavin H, Ryan C.   That's Randy, my Asst.,  in the far background.  These guys are the best 11 year year old scouts I have had.  So much fun.  They all love scouting, have worked hard, and are each within a couple of requirements of First Class.  On September 12-13, Randy and I took these 11 year olds to Whiting campground for their third campout.  Then on September 17, they each passed of their First Class swim (100 yards, etc.), so there is nothing hard left.  They should be ready for First Class board of review by the end of October.  All three are working on merit badges and are more than half way to Star.

Unless we get a move-in boy, we won't have more 11 year scouts December for another year and a half and suppose that we will be released from our assignment.

I am feeling a little sentimental over this camp.  The thought came to me that this might be the last scout camp in my life.  At age 77, I can still do it though.  At an earlier time, I counted over 200 nights camping with the scouts.


No comments: