skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Kitchen additions
I have been resuscitating my fix-it skills in our kitchen. I got the replacement cabinet hung Saturday evening. We are still finishing the doors so this job isn't finished. We got a bigger cabinet than the original, a full 36 inches wide. It still has only one stud to hang on, but I hope I attached it solidly. Where the old one had only two screws both on the left-hand side, I put nine in this new cabinet. There are seven in a vertical line down the middle and I also put in two molly bolts at the top toward the edges.
While we we were doing this work we got excited about improving the lighting in the kitchen (something we have been talking about for several years). It has been dark in places that count--at the sink, and over the island. Today, we replaced two lights that give us multiple lamps in these key places.
We found a 5-bulb light fixture that matched the one over the kitchen table and swagged it so that it is more nearly over the island which is one of Wendy's main food preparation spaces. We also replaced the over-sink light, a little one bulb job, with a three bulb adjustable spotlight.
No comments:
Post a Comment