When the spirit sons and daughters of God shouted for joy, because the earth was finished and ready to be inhabited, who shouted the loudest? Who was most excited?Wendy and I were discussing the pre-mortal existence this morning as she worked on a lesson for this Sunday’s Relief Society, and we think we might know the answer. The daughters. Here is our reasoning.
Young men who have an understanding of the gospel generally look forward to having a family. I am recalling the many boards of review I have attended. The best-put-together boys, when asked about their life goals will typically say, in a matter-of-fact way, something like “I hope to be able to serve a mission, and attend college, and get a good job, and have a family.” On the other hand, many girls will say, with great feeling (like both JoAnn and Wendy have said): “All I ever wanted to be was a mother.”
We can imagine when preparing to come to this world, that the best of the sons of God might have said, “I would like to be a leader for the Lord and help him with his work.” The daughters would cry, “Now I can be a mother!”
1 comment:
THAT is so sweet.
Post a Comment