I looked for the Chandlers in TV shots of the stands for the BYU-New Mexico game but never spotted them. They sure saw the game of a life time with Jimmer’s 52 point performance. I loved his intensity and that of the rest of the team. It was like they just willed the win. Lets hope for another game of a life time in the finals against San Diego State this evening.I think that Jimmer is changing the face of local basketball. We watched three state high school basketball games and also saw a game of Joshua’s little team a few days ago. Relentless dribbling by little guards, in which they charge up the floor before the defense is set, penetrate, and try to score with a scoop shot lay-up. Sometimes they pass back out for a teammate three-pointer. Even in Joshua’s league, teammates were setting high picks to free their point guard to penetrate to the basket. It’s a different game. Fast-paced. It would have been fun to play this way.
We had two nice family home evenings Monday night. We did a Skype visit with David and family early in the evening. The highlight was getting a visual tour of their new house. It looks like it will be a nice place to live, also a blessing to the boys as a place with some space to grow in.
Speaking of Boston, the D-News has started to carry a weekly column in its car section by the PBS car repair personalities Click and Clack-the Magliozzi brothers. Today they were talking about how to get around the winter-time disadvantages of low profile times to a respondent from Boston. They recommended a second set of wheels with snow tires for winter driving, which he could wear on his car until the Boston Spring comes (in late June?? they said).
Later in the evening, we went to Matthew and Kim’s for their family home evening. They gave us a chance to report on our mission. It was fun to be there and feel the good spirit in their home.
In the aftermath of the pneumonia and flu I have had for the last few weeks, now I have a fun condition called pleurisy. For the uninitiated, this is an inflammation of the PLEURA, which is a double sac around the lungs and inside the rib cage. I got this diagnosis when I went back to the doctor Wednesday because I didn’t seem to be getting any better from my bout with the flu, etc., and my lungs felt like there was sandpaper in the linings. And coughing, which I was doing a lot of, and even breathing deeply, hurt to do. I am now back on high dosages of Ibuprofen for a week to reduce the inflammation and being real inactive, taking cough medicine when needed. I think I overdid my activity by going to our double temple shift Thursday and sure was sore that night. I have been mostly comfortable since then but have been doing everything at a very slow pace, taking more naps, mostly sitting or lying down. I can work at the computer, so I have continued to work on family research much of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment