A couple of weeks ago, Wendy and I were talking about future things, and she expressed some concern that if I preceded her to the other side there would be no one left who would have the interest or resources to provide for her burial. “They would just throw me on the fire.”
We thought that maybe it would be timely to create some “pre-arrangements.” I have not been too impressed with local services (Walker in Spanish Fork, Berg in Provo), and thought, “I wonder if we should start by talking to McDougals. I know them personally. R. David was our home teacher. I worked with Kirt in scouting. They did a good with Michael’s and JoAnn’s services.
So I put in a call to Taylorsville and began to work with Pam, who is a services planner for McDougals. We spent two hours on Zoom with her and set up our plan. This is something that is not too fun to think about, but we got it done.
Wendy’s burial spot will be in the plot just south of Michael’s which we already own. She picked out a reasonably priced casket, in her favorite color, light blue. I select a matching box, color ivory.
We decided to get the monument installed now, because the cost will probably be less now than later, and worked with Pam on the inscription. We tried to make this somewhat of a match with the existing headstone for JoAnn and myself.
Race, Priesthood, and Temple Blessings--
3 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment