"As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." (Proverbs 25:25)
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Cabin week
We had our first week at the Borg family cabin this past week. We actually had the place from Monday morning Feb11th through Monday evening Feb 18th, due to a family rule that holiday Mondays attach to the prior week. This is the first time we have had the 8-day week, because there are other couples who snatch these weeks up when the selection meeting is held. We happened to take this particular week on our first turn because I had a Venturing training retreat planned for Friday and Saturday.
There were several pretty sunrises and we saw three deer early one morning that appeared to have spent the night under our overhang.
I or we made lots of trips back and forth. We went there first on Monday by way of Salt Lake, because Wendy had a birthday lunch with her sisters. I drove back and forth to Spanish Fork Tuesday evening for 11 year old scouts. On Wednesday night Wendy and I returned to Spanish Fork to get ready for our temple assignments. We were home Wednesday and Thursday nights and went back up to the cabin Friday afternoon after our temple shift (6 am to 11 am) and doing an endowment session. There was a transportation mix-up that caused me to drive a couple of the VOA back to Spanish Fork early Saturday afternoon. I went back to the cabin immediately but drove back to Spanish Fork after the BYU basketball game broadcast to be at a meeting of the Stake YM Presidency Sunday morning at 7:15 am that I conducted since the President was out of town. I got back to Midway at about 10 am, and we went to a Church meeting at 11.
We had company most of the time we were there. Michael was there from Monday through Wednesday. We had 5 guys form our stake VOA there Friday evening through Saturday early afternoon plus Richard K my assistant advisor. Hilary and kids came about the time the VOA was leaving and stayed until Sunday afternoon and then Sunday evening, Wendy’s long-time friends, Jill and Gavin, from her old SL ward came up Sunday evening and stayed until Monday afternoon.
We went to church Sunday at the Midway stake building. (Pictures: Sunrise scenes, deer, VOA)
Trying to live our family creed: We seek successive generations of grandparents, parents, and children who are grounded in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and sealed in His Holy Temple
1 comment:
These pictures are beautiful.
Post a Comment