Saturday, June 9, 2012

Colorado trip

This past week, Wendy and I took a short trip to Boulder, CO, to see Wendy’s son John. He is going to school there, taking a course that will make him a doctor of oriental medicine. We started last Sunday evening by picking up Wendy’s son Michael in Salt Lake, then continued to the family cabin where we spent the night. This gave us an about 2-hour head start. We drove through Wyoming on I-80 and got into Boulder about 5 pm and checked into a motel. We spent the evening with John and his girlfriend Mia. On Tuesday we drove up to a little town west of Boulder in the mountains, called Nederland, where we had lunch at a Tibetan restaurant and hiked around a pretty lake. On Wednesday, leaving Michael to visit a few more days, we drove home on I-70, through Colorado’s mountains, Grand Junction, Green River, and Price, and got home about 6 pm.

We had a pleasant visit with John, got acquainted with Mia, and saw some beautiful and interesting country.

No comments: