Wendy and I have been presenting a Family Home Evening lesson to our various families, which demonstrates in our opinion the Book of Mormon truism that “by simple and small things are great things brought to pass” (Alma 37:6; I Nephi 16:29). I’ll write more about the details after we get clear around the family, but for now I will say that it relates to having direct ancestors who were witnesses of one of the special spiritual manifestations that formed a foundation for the restoration of the Gospel in this day–in this case the mantle of Joseph falling on Brigham in a meeting in August 1844 in Nauvoo IL. We are making biscuits with the grandchildren, recognizing that the testimony involved in this story was transmitted by its recipient, great-grandma Martha Ann Townsend, while making biscuits with one of her granddaughters. Thus, in this small, mundane activity a great legacy was transmitted to our family.
We started with our Utah County families. Here are some pictures from the evenings we spent with Matthew’s and Emilie’s families.
No comments:
Post a Comment