With a feeling of humble gratitude, I acknowledge the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father, who has so quickly granted our family the intent of our recent fasting and prayers. Heidi's visa to enter Spain did come so that she has been able to travel to her mission field according to the original schedule. And Garrett seems to have hit it off with his new speech therapist and the work of helping him with his speech seems to be still progressing.I also am grateful for the faith and prayers of members of our family. I hope that we can continue to unite both in giving thanks to our Father for his goodness to us, and in calling upon him for needed blessings. Perhaps he will be inclined to grant future petitions when we acknowledge and express gratitude for his hand in our lives and when he knows that we care about certain matters, following the lesson of the Savior’s parable of the importuning widow (Luke 18:1-8-- Painting: Parable of the Unjust Judge, by John Everett Malais (1863)).
1 comment:
The visa was a miracle.
The purposeful fast of last month was a sweet experience for me, too. I thought about Heidi and Garrett all day long. It was wonderful to remind complainers about the purpose, too. Such a nice experience.
Post a Comment