

Yesterday we spent from 9 am to about 3 pm at Huntsman Cancer in their dermatology clinic, where Wendy had a basal cell carcinoma removed. The process was interesting. They did the initial incision and we went back to the waiting room for 45 minutes until the results had been processed. Then they had us back in to removed a couple of small added spots. Then back to the waiting room again until they had examined the next removal in the lab. Then we went back to the operating room again to get one more little spot off. Then waiting again until finally the lab said the cancerous tissue was all gone. Then back to the operating room for plastic surgery to close the wound. The bandage is huge where the incision was about the size of a large peanut, but maybe more round, like a filbert. Today we are seeing some swelling and blackening by the side of Wendy's left eye.Today I become the proud owner of a pair of hearing aids. They are small and not very noticeable but contain a lot of electronics. I have had them on now for about 7 hours and am sort of getting used to them, although I am hearing lots of clicks and some times the sound outlets in my ear canals tickle or make me want to cough. I believe I will be able to hear things better, sort of like rejoining the human race.
Friday: The tube in my left ear kept coming out. I developed this little trick--I could push it in place, then wiggle my ears (one of my talents since my youth) and it would pop back out. We went back to the audiologist this morning and she fitted me with one that would stay in place.
Wendy's left eye is blacker today, clear across under her eye.
2 comments:
Sorry, Wendy. Hope you feel good quick.
Good news, Dad, on the hearing aid.
You two need to get your doctor's appointments done and over with!
Post a Comment